|Current Race News...|
04-Sep-2019 - 01:31pm
September 4, 2019
To all friendly sailors, patient spouses, sponsors, and friends,
Wow, July arrived quickly
27-Jul-2019 - 09:38am
July 27, 2019
Just a reminder that if you retired from this year
18-Jul-2019 - 04:23pm
CORRECTION FOR EMAIL UPDATES:
If you would like to receive email updates. Please send an email to either (read more...)
|Current Press Releases...|
23-Jul-2019 - 10:42pm - *** Press Release ***
Challenge at Every Turn Determines Winners
DETROIT, MICH. (July 24, 2019) – While last year was a drifter,
18-Jul-2019 - 10:23am - *** Press Release ***
A Favorite for Generations: 95th Bell’s Beer Bayview Mackinac Race Starts Saturday
12-Jul-2019 - 04:10pm - *** Press Release ***
Young Skipper Takes His Turn at the Bell’s Beer Bayview Mackinac Race
|17-Jul-2019 - 09:17am |
July 17, 2019
Dear Bell’s Beer Bayview Mackinac Race Skippers, Crew, Sponsors and Spectators:
Just a reminder to do a safety check of your gear before the race. When we delivered a boat to Chicago for the CYC Race to Mackinac a week ago, we went through all the PFDs. We found 5 of 15 had lights that did not work, missing knives, cutters and defective lanyards. So PLEASE take a few moments to inspect your gear and make your family happy when they see at the Mackinac docks.
Please be advised per the Presque Isle Harbor Master that they DO NOT have fuel (diesel or gasoline) at their dock until August.
Remember your ride up to Mackinac forever with a picture taken by Drone Pix as you're crossing the finish line! We are proud to partner with Drone Pix, LLC this year. Drone Pix will be on station to take pictures of boats at the finish line. Pictures will be posted for sale at www.dronepixmi.com There will be special crew package deals available through Tuesday evening after the race! Contact email@example.com information and/or find Trey and Allison Rose on the Island!
We will also have our Official Race Photographer, Martin Chumiecki of Element Photo, taking photos in Port Huron, at the Starting Line, on the Finish Line and on Mackinac Island. His photos can be found on our website at www.bycmack.com
What’s happening this week?
- Thursday, July 18 - 12 - 7 p.m. - Regatta Room, BYC
- Friday, July 19 - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. - St. Clair Community College, College Center, Café, Port Huron
- Saturday, July 20 - 8 a.m. - St. Clair Community College, College Center, Café, Port Huron
Merchandise Sales by Gill/Coral Reef Sailing Apparel:
- Wednesday, July 17, 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. - Mackinac Room, BYC
- Thursday, July 18
- o 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. - Mackinac Room, BYC and
- o 3 - 11 p.m. - Pavilion next to Bell’s Oasis Tent, Port Huron (By Harbor Master)
- Friday, July 19, 10 a.m. - 11 p.m. - Pavilion next to Bell’s Oasis Tent, Port Huron (By Harbor Master)
- Sunday, July 21, 12 - 8 p.m. - Heritage Room on the Lobby Level, Grand Hotel, Mackinac Island
- Monday, July 22, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. - Heritage Room on the Lobby Level, Grand Hotel, Mackinac Island
- Tuesday, July 23, 12 - 3 p.m. - Island Awards Party, Woodfill Park, Mackinac Island
Bell’s Oasis Tent in Port Huron:
- Thursday, July 18, 3 - 11:30 p.m. - Beverage Service
- o 5 - 6:30 p.m. - Julianne Ankley
- o 7 - 8:30 p.m. - Ian Smith and Company
- o 9 - 11 p.m. - The Gobies
- Friday, July 19, 3 - 11:30 p.m. - Beverage Service
- o 5 - 6:30 p.m. - Alex Shier
- o 7 - 8:30 p.m. - Revivors
- o 9 - 11 p.m. -Big Papa
When you see one of our many volunteers please wish them well! They’ve been helping make this Race happen for the last 11 months. Thank you to our volunteers! We couldn’t do this race without you!
Remember to go to our website often where we will post all competitor notifications and updates, as well as the calendar of important dates. www.bycmack.com
In closing, I would like to thank our sponsors and supporters for the race: Bell’s Brewery, Grand Hotel, Luca Mariano Premium Whiskey, Gill Marine, Coral Reef Sailing Apparel, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Pentastar Aviation, North Sails, Shepler’s Mackinac Island Ferry, NôMI Sparkling Water, Aitken & Ormond Insurance, Frankenmuth Insurance, Chippewa Hotel - Home of the Pink Pony, Sharpe Travel Services, Legal Copy Services, Sykes & Webster - The Burton Families, Bayview Yacht Club Foundation, Detroit Sports Media, Marx Layne, Freighter’s Eatery & Tap Room, Futuramic Tool and Engineering, Harken, and Thomas Hardware Company.
Bring your crew home safe, stay on the boat and have safe fun!
Chair, 2019 Bell’s Beer Bayview Mackinac Race