May 10, 2021
The Bayview Yacht Club Mackinac Race Authority had the pleasure of a visit from Chris Shepler at their May meeting. For those of you that don’t know, Chris is a member of Bayview, a former America’s Cup sailor, a Mackinac Race competitor, and President of our sponsor, Shepler’s Mackinac Island Ferry. Chris and his company have been fantastic supporters of our race for many years.
Shepler’s has sold its freight operations. They cannot accept fuel containers that either are filled with fuel or have been filled with fuel on their passenger ferries. Knowing that many of you rely on Shepler’s to get fuel cans to the island for your use after the race, Chris has offered the following:
- Shepler’s will accept fuel containers at their docks in St. Ignace and Mackinaw City.
- Shepler’s will label all containers…1 of 2, 2 of 2 with the owners name and name of yacht.
- Shepler’s will collect $10.00 per container as a delivery charge for taking the containers to Arnold Freight on Monday morning.
- Shepler’s will not fill the containers, so you will need to do this prior to drop off.
- The guest will need to pick up the containers at the Coal Dock (Arnold Freight’s Dock) any time after noon on Monday.
- Arnold Freight will have a charge for shipping the containers to the Island and the guest will need to pay Arnold Freight upon pickup.
I am sure many of your will find this to be a great convenience. Make sure you ride the Shepler’s ferries, and thank Chris next time you see him.
Chairman, 2021 Bayview Mackinac Race